Wednesday 28 February 2007

Dunlop Green Flash

Dunlop Green Flash. There’s a memory. A couple of years ago some young trendster was sashaying through Berwick Street Market in Soho wearing a pair of those little babies. Wickman couldn’t help but point and stare in amusement. When Wickman was at school it was a sure indication that your Mum knew nothing about trainers if you had to have a pair of those. You were quite frankly a div of the highest order. Or even worse – poor. Even the school shop didn’t stock Green Flash. They had some class.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're quite trendy now...

The Student said...

The Student remembers a time when he had been bought some grey Dunlop trainers. He cried when he got home. He didnt like them. They were grey and had straps.

The eighties were a strange decade.

Anonymous said...

Somewhere at the back of my voluminous walk-in airconned closet are my original green flashes - I adored them!

Anonymous said...

I think I was in plimsoles for the best part of the 80s. These days I'm too fresssh for plimsoles or greenflasssh.