Monday 19 February 2007

Dove, Black, Magenta & Blue

It's Monday morning. The weekend is over and nets is another 6 days away. The winter skies outside shadow the encroaching summer light. We know it's there somewhere. There are 81 days, 1 hour and 45 minutes (allowing for the clocks to change) until the first league game. 81 has never sounded like such a large number.

I've got work to do. It's piling up on my desk. Hang on - better just check if there have been any more posts on the wick members forum first. I'm struggling to type. My hands are black and blue from nets last night. I'm also tired because I couldn't sleep last night. The excitment, oozing dove, black, and magenta from every pore as I looked forward to the first game of the season, not to mention the bruise on the back of my ribs where Shaun's bouncer caught me flush. Forget leather on Willow - leather chipping bone was more apt for me last night.

How am I supposed to get any work done? All I can think about is cricket and the Wick. Dove, Black and Magenta fever... It's enough to make you feel blue

No comments: