Monday 30 March 2009

Kevin Pietersen "not a politician"

Is Kevin Pietersen the new Andrew Strauss? I ask this question because, in the last few days, Kevin has been coming out with more and more absurd comments about cricket - to wit, the England team in general.

Just a few days ago, Kevin said (speaking on England captaincy):

"After the way I was let down I just don't think I want to get involved in that again. Being England captain means you have to be a politician and that's something I'm not"

Was there ever any suggestion that Kevin Pietersen was a politician? I've always seen him as a cricketer i must admit, but this latest revelation has me baffled. Could it be that, behind closed doors, Andrew Strauss is working with the Prime Minister on the expected fall out from this week's G20? Is Indian captain Dhoni advising their PM on how to seal off the Pakistani border, or prevent fighting in Kasmir? Maybe Chris Gayle is unearthing the financial mess of the Alan Stanford debacle? If this is the case, i "dips me lid" to all of them.

Wickman Junior

No comments: