Wednesday 7 January 2009

A tale of two skippers

Today has proved to be an interesting one for world cricket... One South African, captain of his country, batted against Mitchell Johnson with a browen finger and an elbow that had been injected with his own blood, on a pitch that resembled a Salvador Dali mural. The thought of putting my gloves on is enough to make me wince, let alone facing a dozen or more 85mph balls from Australia's premier (on current form) quickie. What an absolute legend. Another South African, captain of a country, resigned from his role on the basis that he could no longer work with the appointed coach. Considerring he himself admitted to having next to no captaincy experience, this strikes me as a strange decision. I refuse to believe that Peter Moores is such a bad coach (or perhaps a different coach is a better term to use), that KP is unable to get over it for the good of the nation's cricket side. Although this episode does remind you we arn't his nation, are we. I love KP, hes a genuine cricket star and a sporting hero - but this is shocking. On the basis of this episode I know which Saffa Id prefer to lead my country. Discuss...

No comments: